With the Light the Way Legacy Society, you make provisions today that will meet the needs of tomorrow for our residents. The Light the Way Legacy Society is a special group of supporters who have chosen to make a lasting commitment to Light of Hearts Villa and its residents through a variety of estate-planning tools including bequest in a will or trust, charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, IRA designates, gifts of life insurance and much more.
Light of Hearts Villa honors the Light the Way Legacy Society members by listing their names on a special plaque, here on our website and in our Villa Voices newsletter. In all instances, we honor the wishes of those members who want to remain anonymous.
- Phyllis Barone
- Stanley Caplinsky
- Victor and Roberta DeMarco
- Elizabeth Hickle
- Russell Robert Konst
- Garay Simon
Frequently Asked Questions about the Light the Way Legacy Society
(Q) How do you become a Light the Way Legacy Society member?
(A) By naming Light of Hearts Villa as a beneficiary in your estate plan or establishing a Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) with Light of Hearts Villa:
- Bequests - You make a gift from your estate to Light of Hearts Villa. Your estate may claim a tax deduction for the full amount of your charitable bequest.
- Charitable trusts - You designate in your will that a certain amount of money or property will be transferred to Light of Hearts Villa. Your estate receives a charitable deduction for the full, fair market value of your gift.
- Charitable Gift Annuities: A charitable gift annuity with Light of Hearts Villa is a gift that gives back. It can provide you and/or another beneficiary with stable income for life. You may also receive an immediate income tax deduction.
- Life insurance - You make a gift of life insurance to Light of Hearts Villa. You may find you no longer need the financial protection of existing life insurance policies. By making Light of Hearts Villa a beneficiary of all or part of your policy would capitalize a new fund at the time of your death, and your estate would receive a charitable deduction based on the policy's current value.
- Retirement assets - You name Light of Hearts Villa as the beneficiary of all or part of your retirement plan assets upon your death. Your estate avoids paying large income and estate tax bills.
(Q) How are you added to the list?
(A) By contacting our Development Manager, Amy Huntley at 440-232-1991 ext. 524 or email@example.com or by completing an Estate Provision Intention form and returning it to Light of Hearts Villa.
(Q) What benefits do you receive as a Legacy Society member?
(A) If you agree, your name will be published in Light of Hearts Villa’s newsletters and other publications; you will receive invitations to Light of Hearts Villa events; and a sense of well-being, knowing you are supporting your community forever.
If you have already named Light of Hearts Villa as a beneficiary in your personal planning or to become a member of the Light the Way Legacy Society, please contact Amy Huntley in our Development Office by calling 440.232.1991 ext. 524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to consult with an estate planning professional or financial advisor to evaluate tax and financing planning strategies.
The proper beneficiary designation is:
Light of Hearts Villa
283 Union St.
Bedford, OH 44146
Tax ID Number: